What is the “TELL Arizona” survey?
The TELL Arizona Survey is an online survey that offers every certified educator in Arizona the opportunity to provide input on teaching conditions that can be used to inform state, district and school improvements.
Why is it important to complete the TELL Arizona Survey?
A growing body of research connects positive teaching conditions to student learning and teacher retention. For more information, visit:
Who can participate in the TELL Arizona survey?
Any certified educator who meets the following criteria is invited to participate in the TELL Arizona survey:
- Is currently working in a Arizona district school, program or eligible facility
- Is a certified teacher/educator (full and/or part-time)
- Is a school principal, assistant principal, or other building-level administrator
Do central office certified personnel participate in the TELL Arizona survey?
No. Only school-based certified educators are eligible to participate.
How long does it take to complete the survey?
The survey takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session.
How do I take the survey?
Once you receive your anonymous access code from your school representative:
- Visit www.tellarizona.org
- Click on the “Take the Survey” button
- Select your school from the drop down menu
- Press the Select button
- Enter your anonymous access code
- Complete the survey
The survey is available 24 hours a day from April 3 – 28, 2017, from any Internet-enabled device.
How will teachers and administrators receive their anonymous access codes?
Each school’s office manager will receive a packet containing TELL Arizona instructions and letters with individual access codes. Principals will conduct a faculty meeting prior to the start date of the survey to:
- Share key information about the TELL Arizona Survey
- Disseminate the letters with access codes
What if I misplace, never received, or my school does not receive the anonymous access codes?
- Visit www.tellarizona.org and click on “Need Help?”
- Call: 1(866)-301-2454, ext. 30, between 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon. – Fri., during the survey window
- Send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do administrators and teachers receive a different set of access code letters?
- No. Both will access the same survey from the www.tellarizona.org.
- Both will enter the anonymous access code found on the letter.
- Participants will be prompted to select school position: teacher or principal.
- The principal will receive many of the same questions as teachers and an additional bank of questions designed for administrators.
How will I know my responses were submitted successfully?
When your responses are received, you will see this message: "Thanks! Your survey is completed”
How can I be sure the survey is anonymous?
- No questions refer to an individual educator or administrator
- No questions ask about specific subject areas or grade levels
- School report data (for all schools that reach 50% response rate with a minimum 5 teachers) do not indicate any teacher or administrator in a school or district
- The answers to demographics questions are reported only at the state level, not at district or school level
- No teacher or principal can be connected to a particular response
What if I’m the only new teacher or the only one in my role? How will my responses be anonymous?
- School level reports require a minimum sample size of five (5); unless at least five teachers within their first three years of teaching provide responses, no data will appear on the school report for the “New Teacher”.
- It is not possible to view response data by role, years of experience, or any other demographic information at the school or district level.
How can I know when a school reaches the minimum 50% response rate needed for school-level data?
- Visit www.tellarizona.org.
- Click “Response Rate” button
- Search for your school by typing the name in the search bar
- Select your school from the list
- View a response rate tracker in real time!
When will the results be ready? How can they be viewed?
School and district survey reports will be available on this website approximately 5 weeks after the survey window closes. Results show answers to every question by school,* district, and grade level (*for schools reaching the minimum threshold for response).
How are the administrator results reported?
To ensure anonymity of all respondents, administrator responses are not identified or reported on the website in the school or district web reports.
How can I view real-time response and access other TELL Arizona resources and information?